You know what they say: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" or maybe not quite, but maybe you should love these yellow bitter fruits due to their fantastic health benefits making them a true superfood! In fact, freshly squeezed raw lemon juice has been used as a remedy for a list of ailments as long as your arm and for as long as recorded history so there's got to be some truth to the healing powers of lemons!
Here is a list of some of the benefits offered to you if you regularly consume raw squeezed lemon juice:
The Benefits of Lemons:
- Despite their acidic taste lemons are one of the most alkaline foods there is. Keeping the bodies PH in a predominantly alkaline state has been shown to be beneficial in preventing all cancers and many other unwanted nasties.
- Extremely rich in vitamin C a potent antioxidant nutrient with great cell protective qualities.
- Fantastic immune system booster
- Lemons can cleanse the kidneys and digestive system
- Due to the high levels of vitamin c lemons are great for skin, acne, and other skin related conditions.
- Blood purifier
- Much, much, more!
Eat lemons, simple!
The list of benefits from consuming lemon juice is long. If you are looking to improve your general wellness and vitality then you can do a lot worse than consuming a couple of lemons worth of juice a day in water. The detoxifying, alkaline, and immune boosting properties of lemon juice has been touted for centuries and with life in the modern day becoming more toxic in nature we need to so all we can to protect ourselves. Yes to lemons!
How to eat more lemon juice
Start your day with a lemon or two worth of juice and give your body the best possible start to the day. Alternatively squeeze fresh lemon juice in to salad dressings, on to food, and in to hot tea.